Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Response to Video Games Article

I agree with most of what was said in the video games article because I think playing video games does give someone a new "identity" like Gee suggested. It allows people to become whatever they can think of and definitely allows people to learn from the game and use it in everyday life. Although I agree with most of what Gee says in this article, I think he is thinking a little to deep. What I mean is that most people play video games to relieve stress or to get away from school or work. This is why people enjoy them and if we integrate video games into schooling I think people will start associating games with school and not have as much fun playing them. I think video games can teach people a lot of things that traditional schooling cannot, but to utilize video games in the right way we need to keep them away from the schools and out of schooling curriculums.

2 comments:

  1. Brian, I agree with your statement about integrating video games into school. It is something that should be fun and not something that is monitored for academic benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I definitely agree with what you are saying about video games in school. I have never really seen it done before but I agree that video games are for having fun and relaxing and not used for school work. I think that there should be an alternative for having fun while learning.

    ReplyDelete