Sunday, January 27, 2013

Beer Based Learning

I chose to read the section on peer based learning for our reading assignment. I agree with most everything that the author said in this section, although I'd like to call it "Beer Based Learning", I call it this because I think that the best way to learn in life is through experience. For example, If you go drink all night with your friends and get sick and pass out, you will quickly learn that 1. You should not drink or 2. You need to do a better job of controlling your drinking. Having this life experience teaches one to learn from their mistakes, this is a valuable skill to have in life. If you have the ability to learn from your past mistakes you will rarely make the same mistake twice. This is what the author is saying in the section I read, he is saying that we all need life experiences to draw from so that we can make an educated decision on things later in life.

4 comments:

  1. Brian, I agree with what you say about learning through experience. I think that the best way for you to learn is through trial and error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I like your example that you compared "Peer Based Learning" to. I thought that it was really interesting yet very true. It's really important to learn from life experiences so that you can grow as an individual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that peer based learning is most effective inside or outside of the classroom. For example, if you see your friend get in trouvle for something, like a ticket, you should be less likely to do the same thing. Trial and error is the only way we learn things in life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Beer Based Learning. The process you described is definitely effective and is probably the best way to learn. I find it appropriate to make this comparison as a college student.

    ReplyDelete