Sunday, March 24, 2013

Meeting with the High School Students

We got to meet some of the high school students that we wrote letters to last Thursday. It was a really nice experience getting to know them and answer any questions they had about college. I remember when I first came to college and how nervous I was, so being able to tell these kids about my experience was fun and helpful for them. Being able to talk to these kids about college readiness was fun and really tied together our class discussion on college readiness.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fun experience helping these students get ready for the big step they are about to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I totally agree with you! I thought that talking to the high schoolers was a lot of fun because I thought that we were of help to them. It was cool that we could share our different college readiness paths with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an interesting activity for me as well. I was glad I was able to give a little advice to some aspiring students.

    ReplyDelete